Encountering errors when deploying to Heroku

Despite updating the gem sqlite 3 to be under development in gemfile and adding gem pg to production, it is still not working. I tried various ways without completely eliminating sqlite3 and going to postgres1 https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/sqlite3, but no avail.

Several hours of hair tearing, teeth clenching later, I found my angel solution. Delete gemfile.lock and run bundle install again. Steps below:

  1. remove Gemfile.Lock.
  2. run bundle install –without production
  3. git add .
  4. git commit -am “bundle update with sqlite under development and test”
  5. git push heroku master

And the world is right again!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s